cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Can't log in to emails

Hi

logging into emails is vey intermittent. I get the message Strongauth.secure.bt.com didn't send any data.

When I can login I can't attach a file to my emails.

any idea's

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can't log in to emails

I`d also be interested in a solution its our additional e mail address which seems to suffer from the problem.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

It's only on my laptop and since we had fibre installed, I can access my emails on my iPad.

i've been on a few forums and community's. Seems it's a fairly common problem at bt's end.

spent hrs on live chat, now told I have to phone the priority team. Spent ages trying to get through to them this morning and gave up up after waiting for 45 mins

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

A few things to try:

1) Clear your browser's history and cookies "from all time" if it has that option.

2) Try another browser.

3) Try a reset of your BT Smarthub.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Already tried all the usual things. The problem is definitely at bt's end

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Hi @tigi and @Handyman5,

Thanks for posting. Can you post a screen shot of what you’re seeing, including any error messages (please remove any personal information).

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I am a total technophobe and don't own a  smart phone, so can't do a screen shot, sorry.

the message looks like this

strongauth.secure.bt.com didn't send any data

err_empty_response.

On the very few occasions I have managed to log on. I can't attach a file to my emails a nd get error code 72009

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

We'll I finally got through to bt's priority team.

spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with them.

Ended with them telling me that my platform is working as it should and the problem is my laptop or my server.

I can't see it. This happened the instant I was switched over to fibre and I have tried different servers.

I am now at a loss and this is big problem to me. I am self employed and all of my accounts and invoices are on my laptop, so I can't send out my invoices and get paid.

Anyone out there got any ideas.

help!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

What do you mean you have tried different servers. You can not change the servers if you are using webmail.

Perhaps you should be more specific with exactly how and on what you are trying to log on ie what browser you are using and with and what exactly you have done when you say " Already tried all the usual things" and perhaps somebody may be able to offer some further assistance.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Sorry, I meant browser.

all the usual things-cleared cache and history. Did a full scan on my laptop, turned the hub and laptop off and on again. Did a factory reset on the hub.

I'm using a acer aspire laptop with Windows 8.1. I've tried google chrome, Windows edge and Internet explorer.

any thing else you need to know?

0 Ratings