cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Can't login to email on Android phone using Chrome

After entering my login details Chrome switches to a black screen with 3 dots flashing and titled "Webmail". It never gets any further. If I press the back button I get the message:-

Web page not available
The web page at https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/core/AuthenticateWrapper could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_CACHE_MISS

I have cleared Chrome cache and browsing history but it still doesn't work.
Can you help please.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Can't access email on Android phone using Chrome

After logging in Chrome displays a black screen titled Webmail and displaying 3 flashing dots that never changes.
If I press the back button I get the following message:-

Web page not available
The web page at https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/core/AuthenticateWrapper could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_CACHE_MISS

I have tried clearing the cache and browsing history but that hasn't resolved the issue.
Can you please help?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can't access email on Android phone using Chrome

Does anyone else have this problem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Works fine for me, however,  just wondering why you are using a web browser on a phone instead of a mail app.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I use Gmail to collect my mail from BT and view it in the Gmail app but Gmail only periodically checks for new mail at BT. If I'm waiting for an email I go straight to BT to cut out the delay.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

OK, but much simpler to configure a mail app such as Blue Mail to collect it directly rather than forwarding to Gmail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Why don't you add your BT email account to the gmail app and it will fetch your BT email as per the gmail app's normal polling time or every time you open the app.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Gmail is configured to collect my email from BT. Gmail doesn't check for new mail at BT when it is started. Google don't specify a collection schedule only that it will be done periodically. If your waiting for an email it's quicker to go directly to the BT Web Mail. But BTs Web Mail doesn't work on my phone in Chrome. It didn't work in Chrome on my last phone either.
I suspect some setting in Chrome is the issue.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@Borman wrote:
Gmail is configured to collect my email from BT. Gmail doesn't check for new mail at BT when it is started. Google don't specify a collection schedule only that it will be done periodically. If your waiting for an email it's quicker to go directly to the BT Web Mail. But BTs Web Mail doesn't work on my phone in Chrome. It didn't work in Chrome on my last phone either.
I suspect some setting in Chrome is the issue.

What you have done is to set webmail via your gmail account to fetch your email from BT and it may well behave as you have said however the gmail app is just an email client.  If you use the gmail app and add your BT email account to the app it will access your BT email account directly in the same manner as any email client would. 

I can access BT email on Chrome so I doubt it is a Chrome issue as such but if Chrome is not doing and has not done what you want, stop using it and use another browser.

0 Ratings