Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Can't open my bt email

Go to solution

I'm having trouble getting into my bt email.I use a vpn & i tried switching it off & i could then get in.When i say,i can't get in the BT page will not open .Strange thing is i can get to the forum pages.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't open my bt email

Go to solution

Hi @Cliff  welcome to the community and thanks for posing, the VPN could be showing that you're on an IP address that is blacklisted or in a country that access to BT Mail is restricted from.  Also if you're collecting your email on another device eg a smartphone that shows you're in the UK and then login into webmail via a VPN it may cause issues as the email system would detect that your mailbox is being accessed from two locations.

The same sort of security and fraud prevention systems in place for email accounts are not needed when logging into the community forum 

0 Ratings
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Neil
Thanks for responding,I thought it might be something like that when it loaded after switching the vpn off.Never happened before that i can recall in around 3 years.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Cliff no problem, maybe the IP address that your VPN has allocated to you has recently changed to one that is now causing issues.

0 Ratings