Did you mean: 
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: Can't receive emails after changing password

Go to solution

@tania1wrote:

It is BTMail

As a matter of interest, is your BTID the same as your email address? If so, are you sure you simply didn't change the BTID password and not the email password? In other words, have you tried the previous password?

You say you believe you can send emails, are you sure this is happening? An app may appear to send emails, but it may have simply got them stuck in an Outbox and not report a failure.

0 Ratings
tania1
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you both for helping. I can definately send emails as I have been sending to husband and another email address I have so know it works. No, i definately changed password correctly as i can log in using the new password.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @tania1,

Thank you for posting back and for trying the steps as suggested in this thread. If send me in your details, I'll be able to get my colleagues in the email team to investigate.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
tania1
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

BT have phoned me and all sorted. My emails were being forwarded to a hacked account. Thanks you all.

0 Ratings
tania1
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB. BT have just phoned me. It seems that my emails were being forwarded to the hacker. The address looked like my outlook address so i thought it was ok! Very much a novice with technology. Anyway, autoforward box now unticked and address removed and hey presto, test email now works.

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@tania1wrote:

Thanks PaddyB. BT have just phoned me. It seems that my emails were being forwarded to the hacker. The address looked like my outlook address so i thought it was ok! Very much a novice with technology. Anyway, autoforward box now unticked and address removed and hey presto, test email now works.

Good news.

However, if you used your email address and password (old) to login to other websites etc, you will need to alter them all as well. Naturally change any online banking passwords too.

You might also want to go into the email section that alters your security answers and change them. You don't have to stick to the "norm", for example DoB can be anything you want. Of course, you will have to remember what you have altered.