cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GD1993
Message 1 of 3

Can't remember answer to security question

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help.

There has been some suspicious activity on my BT email account and as a result I'm having to address my account security and reset my password. I've been asked a series of security procedures (birthday, postcode etc) including the need for an answer to a security question. However, the question "What is is your mother's maiden name?" does not accept my answer for some reason. I keep getting a "Sorry, something went wrong, please try again", despite the fact I am giving the correct answer. Is there any way around this? I've had this email account for around 16 years and I need to access it before long. Any help much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't remember answer to security question

Don't forget passwords are case sensitive, perhaps you've got the right answer but the wrong mix of upper and lower case characters?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't remember answer to security question

Just in case you are not the BT Broadband account holder or the email account is a sub account of the master account:- It is the BT Broadband account/ master account  holder's security questions that must be used.

If you are still unable to get the answers accepted call 0800.800.150 and they should be able to either reset it for you or send you a pin number so that you can reset it.

If they offer to access your computer to re-set it for you decline the offer. There is no need for them to do that. they can talk you through anything that needs done.

0 Ratings