cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Can't see historic messages in inbox

For the last few days I've only been able to see messages in my inbox received on or after 31st January 2020 - on my laptop and mobile. Why is this? What can I do to fix it as there are older messages that I need access to.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't see historic messages in inbox

How are you accessing your email on each device. Is it via a web browser or an email client/app?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

On my laptop I go to the BT email login page. On my mobile I use the  BT Yahoo app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

There is no BTYahoo app. It is a Yahoo app and it will soon stop working with the  BT email system so you are best to find a new app sooner rather than later.

The correct settings for an email app are as per this link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

I presume you have checked to see if the emails are in the trash folder.

Is the app you are using set up as an IMAP or POP3 account?

If you are sure that they are not in your email account when you log on via webmail (using web browser) it would appear that they have been deleted.

You could try using the following link to recover them.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-yahoo-mail---i-ve-lost-or-deleted-some-of-my-emails--can-i-re

If that doesn't work post back to see if there is something else that can be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I've checked trash, spam and all of my folders and the emails aren't in any of those locations. 

I've tried to follow the instructions to find out if the App I'm using is an IMAP or POP3 account but cannot find a 'mail server type' option under settings or account information.

I've sent a request for the emails to be recovered but as they went missing more than 7 days ago I don't expect this will be successful.

By the way, I do still have sent messages and messages saved in folders from before 31/01/2020. It's just those in that we in the inbox that have gone missing.

If there's anything further you can do to help I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I suspect that you will be right about not being able to re-instate the emails but I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @GTh, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry that you've lost your historic emails, as they've been gone for over a week I can't make any promises but we can ask our email to take a look.

I'll send you a Private message so you can get in touch.

0 Ratings