Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyB1
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Can't send emails Mozilla Thunderbird

Go to solution

I'm brilliant at this but have checked outgoing server and port 465 connection security ssl/tls. Server settings port 995

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Sounds like the email password synchronisation between servers problem.

Stop all your mail clients attempting to connect (T'bird and Android mail app), change your password in webmail, wait an hour and then attempt to configure T'bird with the new password. If successful, change pasword on Android.

0 Ratings
AndyB1
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi mine will not send on thunderbird as of yesterday and also my android phones email will not send???????

0 Ratings
AndyB1
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Hi when you say stop them I assume you mean do not open them up on cpu and do not connect to wifi on phone, then log into bt and change password, is that about right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

You have to stop them from trying to access the BT servers. If you stop the one on your phone doing that on  Wifi it can still access it by the mobile network if the phone is turned on.

If you have it on a PC/Laptop, if you have it set to automatically check the servers it will do that when you open the program to change the password. You don't want it to do that.

0 Ratings
AndyB1
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi sorry for delay in responding have been tied up with stuff. Amazingly after just leaving for a couple of days I can now send emails on thunderbird and my phone? I suppose it's the old turn it off on and on again situation!!!! Thank you for your ideas, suggestions and solution though. 👍

0 Ratings