Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpacedMan
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Can't send/receive email from laptop, phone or tablet

Here's their reply

Hi Neil, Thanks for letting us know it’s sorted.  I’ve heard of this problem but each case I’ve seen has been pretty specific to that person. In some cases there’s been a problem with the setup our side (usually it shows a more permanent access issue and logging in direct on the website doesn’t work).  Other times it can be a conflict logging through 3rd party mail apps. It’s not something we support normally because it’s all 3rd party software. And if it’s working through the web, there’s a fair chance the problem is with the app. It might just be having issues with security that resolve after time.  As much as we’d love to take credit for sorting this out for you, this time it wasn’t us. If it happens again though, please do ping us an email direct and we’ll gladly have one of our guys take a look for you.

to me, elc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

@SpacedMan wrote:

Here's their reply

Hi Neil, Thanks for letting us know it’s sorted.  I’ve heard of this problem but each case I’ve seen has been pretty specific to that person. In some cases there’s been a problem with the setup our side (usually it shows a more permanent access issue and logging in direct on the website doesn’t work).  Other times it can be a conflict logging through 3rd party mail apps. It’s not something we support normally because it’s all 3rd party software. And if it’s working through the web, there’s a fair chance the problem is with the app. It might just be having issues with security that resolve after time.  As much as we’d love to take credit for sorting this out for you, this time it wasn’t us. If it happens again though, please do ping us an email direct and we’ll gladly have one of our guys take a look for you.

to me, elc

Thanks for posting back. So it was as I said, just a coincidence.

Going by the reply it confirms that BT do not have a clue what the answer to the problem is and they are using their stock answer of it being the third party email client/app that is faulty. This, despite this problem only affecting some but not all BT email accounts using the same apps and it not affecting all BT email users.

It would appear that there is not going to be a fix any time soon if indeed ever.

0 Ratings
SpacedMan
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

It started working again after I emailed the CEO but his office deny any involvment in getting it working.

0 Ratings