Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can't view emails on Samsung S6

Go to solution

Hi there, hope someone can help. Apologies for my non-tech lingo!

I have BT email (btinternet) and mainly view emails on my laptop, via the BT website. My browser is Firefox.

However, sometimes I need to check emails on my mobile phone, a Samsung S6, using Android version 7.0. As above, I access emails via Firefox and then the BT website (webmail). My problem is: since the recent change to the email layout, I haven't been able to view the content of emails. I can see the list but when I click on one, I get an empty message.

Having been in contact with both BT and Samsung support, they both keep querying my “email application” - BT said I should get Samsung to uninstall & reinstall my email app. To my mind, I'm not using an email app – I just connect to the BT website. But, not being tech-savvy, maybe I AM using an email app without realising it!

Does any of the above make sense to anyone?! Thanks for any help.

PS I haven't added my BT email account to my phone as I didn't want notifications.

PPS Below is a screenshot of the "empty" email.

Screenshot_20190430-072258.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't view emails on Samsung S6

Go to solution

If you access your email on your phone via Firefox you are indeed not using the email app.

Have you tried clearing the cache,cookies and history from Firefox to see if that helps?

Have tried using a different browser?

You may want to try setting up your email using the email app on the phone. This may prove to be a better and easier way to access your email on the phone rather than using a web browser.

PatF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks so much for your reply and for confirming that I'm not using an email app! Thought I was going mad.

I haven't tried any of the things you mentioned, but they were things I'd thought about doing... just building up to it 😉  (Currently trying to sort out another, bigger problem with my email and feeling I should concentrate on that one for now, as brain hurts!)  Will let you know if anything works.

Cheers, Pat

0 Ratings
PatF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi again, I just cleared cache, cookies and history via my Firefox browser, tried to open an email - same problem as before.  However, I then tried using a different browser (Chrome) and I managed to open an email and actually see the contents! Hurrah!  So, thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings