Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Cancelled Email Address - No Reason

I have been trying to log on to my email address for about 3 weeks but kept being told that I had tried to log in too many times.  I finally got onto the chat option on BT.com on Thursday to be told that my email account had been cancelled.  I asked why, the answer was that I had not accessed it for too long, or that BT had cancelled it.  I use this email account frequently so the first reason was not right, I asked what the reasons for BT cancelling it would be.  The person on chat did not know, and seemed to have no way of finding out.  

I asked them to please reinstate it, they told me I could do it myself but it was not appearing in the list of email accounts at all.

After a long struggle (we're talking hours here) they managed to enable the email address but I don't have access to any of my historical emails.  I need what's in there.  They promised they would ring back. They haven't.

I complained today, and they immediately rang me (when I had asked for an email reply) but the person couldn't understand what I was saying.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? What can I do? I need the historical emails.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cancelled Email Address - No Reason

There is nothing any of the forum members will be able to do to help you with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi @sarahprice28,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're having problems access your BT Email. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thank you
0 Ratings
sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Thanks, I have contacted via the link as suggested.
0 Ratings
sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Just to let you know, Partha from BT rang me back tonight at 1856 (rather than the 18-1830 timeslot which had been booked) and, after 18m 56 seconds of almost complete silence, told me that my email address had been cancelled, and that there appeared to be no reaon, and no reason had been given to me.  I told her (nicely) that I knew that, and thank you for finally accepting this as truth.  She is referring it to the offline team? A call is booked for the 18th at 1830 but, please, can you fix it for me before then? You will have my eternal gratitude... She had asked if I had moved house etc which I haven't, I have upgraded to use BT TV in the last 2 months, which would coincide with this email address going offline.  Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

I would suggest that you do not use the Customer Services. You have been offered the assistance of a moderator and once they have contacted you they will deal with this until it is resolved.

sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I haven't heard anything back from them though?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @sarahprice28

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the delay coming back to you.

I have checked our email queue and we have received your details.  We're a bit behind at the moment which is the reason why it's taking us a little longer to get back to you.

You're close to the top of the queue now so it won't be long until one of the guys give you a shout.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
sarahprice28
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

If I try to log in now it just says "selected email address is unavailable". So, still no fix, still can't see my mailbox, still can't apply for any financials i.e. loans etc for which I need financial info which is all in this mailbox.  

0 Ratings