cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling BT account with premium email linked

Hi,

I have a standard bt account for a landline but im moving house and want to cancel the account, I also have btinternet.com premium email account and some time ago was told by BT I had to link the premium account to the landline account so I could manage the emails.

How do I split the email account from the landline so that when I cancel the landline account I dont loose the premium account.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling BT account with premium email linked

I'm totally confused.

If your BT line was just for telephony with no broadband, you wouldn't be able to link your email address to it.

If it had broadband, why were you also paying for premium mail?

Premium mail is for customers without BT broadband and is a stand alone product.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @nickjohn welcome to the community and thanks for posting, are you paying £7.50 for the premium mail account on the same bill as your landline rental?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

In answer to both who kindly replied.

The landline is only for telephone, I do not have any broadband at that location.

Yes I pay £7.50 per month for the premium email service.

I only have one BTID account that I can find which uses my btinternet email address and within that BTID is my telephone line and when I click on my products it allows me to manage my email addresses and has my btinternet email address shown as being my active email address.

I cannot remember how long ago it was set up like this.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@nickjohn as long as the premium mail and landline have been provided on separate account numbers I can't forsee any issues by switching off the landline. When you're asking for the landline to be stopped I would make sure that you get the advisor to make sure the premium mail service is not being cancelled at the same time.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings