Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mossie
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cannot Send emails on my non BT email account - HELP!!!! Now Error 553 message

Go to solution

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me here!!

Moved over to BT 2 weeks ago from Talk Talk. All went well.

I would still like to use my existing tiscali email account which I have had for 10 years or more. Realised this week that I have been receiving emails on my Talk Talk (tiscali email) but cannot send. Looked on these great boards especially from Andy to suggest I need to change over the outgoing and incoming servers to mail.btinternet.com which I did then checked the Box saying my outgoing mail server requires authorisation.

Then added my new bt username and password. Did test accounts settings but still not able to send. Usual error message kept coming up.

Then:

Last night got the 553 error message saying this email account has been blocked so started the verification process which emailed me to my tiscali address(the one I am trying to verify) to which the email said this email account is added to my BT account so all good. Then clicked on the "verify account tab" and this advised an email had been sent to my tiscali email. Now I have not received this verification email as suddenly I can now not receive emails into this tiscali email account - not sure what has happened so any help you can give would be much appreciated.

If I cannot solve I am only to think I stop using this email account and switch to my new BT one but obviously this will take time to switch all my ebay/amazon accounts which I am not keen to do.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can advise as I have spent many hours already.

Thanks in advance

Darren.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
He-Man
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot Send emails on my non BT email account - HELP!!!! Now Error 553 message

Go to solution

you need to authorise your Tiscali email account.

login to www.btyahoo.com with your BT email address and password. go into the Mail section. go into Options. then if I remember rightly, it says pop/accounts or similar, and you need to add your Tiscali email in there.

you will then receive an email on your Tiscali account to authorise it.

found the link to the help page for you http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10903/kw/reset%20BT%20Yahoo%20Password/c/346,412,416/...

0 Ratings
mossie
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot Send emails on my non BT email account - HELP!!!! Now Error 553 message

Go to solution

Thanks for your response.

I finally did it - I think I put the incorrect password into my tiscali account hence why no emails were coming into this account.

I changed the password and all the verification emails came flooding in to which I clicked on and all is now verified.

Thanks for your assistance I hope this will help someone else in my position in the future.

Darren.

0 Ratings