cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot access BT Mail - told to try another computer after an hour on phone with Tech Dept!

I have this evening tried to log into my BT Mail Account, which admittedly I have not used for a couple of months, and nothing happened, I then went on to change the password, which it let me do, and then after trying to log in again it came up with invalid ID / Password.

I spent an hour on the phone this evening with the Tech Department using their remote assistance, they changed the password to my e-mail account, and informed me that they could log in at their office, but again they were not able to log into the e-mail account using the remote assistance.

After an exhausing hour, I was then told to try another browser, so I downloaded firefox (were were using IE9), this did not work, the conclusion was that it was my laptop, there was solmething in the background blocking me logging into this particular e-mail address - funny though I can log into 2 other by yahoo accounts for business using the same laptop.

However, I could log into 2 other bt yahoo accounts, but not the one directly linked to my residential bt account and phone line - I will try on another PC tomorrow and report back - if I am unable to log in, there is obviously some kind of problem with my e-mail account.

To top it all off, my bill page is null.

If I am finally not able to log into this e-mail account on another lap top - will BT be able to set me up with a new e-mail account and link it to my BT Account?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot access BT Mail - told to try another computer after an hour on phone with Tech Dept!

Hi flytothemoon,

Are you still having this problem? Have you been able to try accessing the email account from another computer yet?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Cannot access BT Mail - told to try another computer after an hour on phone with Tech Dept!

Hi Dean,

It is all now sorted, I was able to log int via another PC, and on my own laptop I am now able to access my e-mail.  Thanks once again BT Mods - you guys do a great job!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Another good result for the Mod Team 😉
0 Ratings