cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Cannot access My BT (jumps straight into email), &no longer two separate passwords for My BT & email

Hello - I've had my BT email address for around 16 years, and up until last month, I could log onto My BT account  (via BT.com) with one password, and I could log onto my 'Email' with another password.   Last month I was looking at the page on my BT where it says to assign a BT id to my email, and I pressed the button to do this out of curiosity.   Since then I've had nothing but trouble with my accounts.  As soon as I linked the BT id to it, I realised that somehow the same password was now being used for My BT log on and my Email account log on.  This is not what I wanted as I preferred the two separate passwords.  I then deleted the link to my account after speaking to an adviser.  However, since then, I can't even access My BT, because each time I try, I keep seeing the BT home page for a split second before it jumps straight into the email. 

I've seen other old posts about people mentioning how their BT account and email were now having only one password, but I didn't really see a resolution.  Please can a moderator help me sort out my BT account, as it's a bit of a mess as I cannot access it.  Is there a way to please unlink my BT account and email, so I can go back to having two separate passwords, as I had done for 16 years!

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot access My BT (jumps straight into email), &no longer two separate passwords for My BT ...

Hi @wizziest_ocean,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems accessing your MY BT. If you send me your details, I'll be able to give you a hand. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings