cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morrig47
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot access email as password not accepted

I am trying to sort out an issue for a friend as he has been unable to access his BT Yahoo Mail for over 3 weeks. As far as I can tell his user name is fine as I have persoannly sent him emails over some period. When he tried to login to BT Yahoo Mail his details are not recognised. I have cleared out his cache, but when I try to re-set his password with a new password the system will not accept his current password so I cannot proceed. I then tried the forgotten password method but that takes me to a security question which he has supplied to me, but the system does not accept as the correct answer. I have tried ringing BT, but I get onto a loop which simply ends with a statement that BT take passowrd security very serioulsy and effectively that is it!

I have honestly run out of ideas and would welcome any ideas

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot access email as password not accepted

When still on BT Yahoo mail, try going straight to mail.yahoo.com and logon with old (or new) password there?

Richard

0 Ratings
morrig47
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Richard

Many thanks for getting back to me. I tried that to no avail. Exactly the same issue when I try to login via Yahoo. In the meantime BT have phoned me to indicate the problem may be associated with the migration process. I now have a direct number so here's hoping!  I will, of course, report back if I get anywhere.

Thanks again Richard

Gareth

0 Ratings
morrig47
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Just to update. The issue is now resolved. It appears my friend's email account had been compromised, but I managed to finally get support from BT via Live Chat. This support was top class and enabled me to change the password then go on to change the security question, so now all is well.  I assume that a result of the recent issues I was in a queue of well over a hundred and had to wait around 45mins.

I have been with BT for well over 10 years and have recommended them to numerous friends. On this occasion I must admit to being very disappointed by the quality of their phone support. I failed to speak directly to any representative over two days, each time finding myself with the same recorded message about how to change passwords and clearing the cache, both of which I had tried to do and done respectively. I needed fruther support, but could not get through. I am relatively experienecd on IT isues, but heaven help anyone with no IT knowledge if this is the sort of support they come across. Let's hope this was the result of the problems over the weekend and the migration of BT Yahoo Mail to BT Mail and things then return to some kind of normality. 

0 Ratings