cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cannot access email on my Android in either Outlook or Samsung Mail app

Cannot access email on my Android in either Outlook or Samsung Mail app previously until some point yesterday they have both worked perfectly then all of a sudden authentication was required by both apps and despite entering the correct password which works on the web app neither account or app would allow a connection.

then I came across the fact that there is now a BT Email App which I didn't know about until I came on this community and both have logged in first time with exactly the same password, is this a restriction that BT has imposed on no connections from other apps apart from it's own, despite not telling customers that it even existed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot access email on my Android in either Outlook or Samsung Mail app

There is absolutely no reason to use the BT email app, BT have not placed any restrictions on what apps can be used, how could they?

Make sure your settings are correct.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot access email on my Android in either Outlook or Samsung Mail app

There is no requirement to use the BTMail app which has been available since Sept.2020. If there was how has your email been working on Outlook and Samsung Mail since then.

BT Email app now available! - BT Community

What is the BT Email app and how do I get it? | BT Help

When access to an email app stops it is usually a BT server issue and not a problem with your password or account. This is apparent if you can still log onto webmail using your username and password.

When this happens the best advice is to do nothing at that time especially changing your password as that can cause more problems than it solves. The problem usually resolves itself within a day or two and mean while you can still access and use your email account via webmail.  

0 Ratings