cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny21
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Cannot add btinternet account to gmail on iPad

Cannot add btinternet email account to gmail either on iphone or ipad. Tried the suggestions in this forum but to no avail. I cannot remember the former email address and associated passwords which some users have tried and have been successful with.  

If I try to add the bt account to my gmail on the PC, the deafult setting which comes up is for a POP server, whereas, reading these messages. it perhaps should be a IMAP server.  

Can a moderator help please.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot add btinternet account to gmail on iPad

I have both my btinternet.com and gmail.com set up on my iPad and it’s working fine. Can you clarify why you want to add your BT mail account to your gmail account?

Ive setup all of my email accounts on my iPad and they are all collected into the Mail folder together. No need to try and put them all through the gmail app which is bad at best.

Regards

Mike

0 Ratings
Jonny21
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I don't want to log in to BT.com each time I want to read/write eail on my BTinternet account.

Ok so you're suggesting not to use gmail, but the mail app which came with the ipad?

How do I add an account to this mail app.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

A search of the Internet reveals that Apple have a help site and this is what information it supplies.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320

Use the "other" button and enter the settings manually when required use the settings supplied in this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

Jonny21
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

OK i tried this - adding the BT account to mail.

It come sback with - either the username or oassword is incorrect.

Since I know that both are correct, perhaps its the password synch issue described elsewhere on this forum which is the problem.

How do I go about discovering what the last password was? Is it discoverable?

0 Ratings
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@Jonny21wrote:

I don't want to log in to BT.com each time I want to read/write eail on my BTinternet account.

Ok so you're suggesting not to use gmail, but the mail app which came with the ipad?

How do I add an account to this mail app.

If you go into the settings on your iPad, then into passwords and accounts you can setup all your different email accounts in there and they will all appear in the native email app. You do not have to log in to each account individually each time, it will just collect all your email and display it in the one app.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Jonny21 wrote:

OK i tried this - adding the BT account to mail.

It come sback with - either the username or oassword is incorrect.

Since I know that both are correct, perhaps its the password synch issue described elsewhere on this forum which is the problem.

How do I go about discovering what the last password was? Is it discoverable?

Turn off the iPad and any other devices that collect email. Change the password in webmail, wait 30 minutes and then try again with the iPad.