Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirstie1
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Cannot add my btemail to iPad/iPhone

Go to solution

Had a new iPad today set it up but it asked me for my email password I couldn’t remember it so went on to by and changed it I can login to but online but I cannot get to to add to any of my apple devices ?

i can add my hubby’s who’s email is attached to my account no problem 

I spoke to but who told me to speak to apple so I did to be told it’s down to bt .... which I did again and I’m still not getting anywhere waiting for another call from them I’m losing the will to live 😖can anyone help please 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Cannot add my btemail to iPad/iPhone

Go to solution

Hi @Kirstie1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I had a very similar issue with my iPad last week and had to delete the email account then set it up again, the new password was then accepted. 

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

@Kirstie1wrote:

Had a new iPad today set it up but it asked me for my email password I couldn’t remember it so went on to by and changed it I can login to but online but I cannot get to to add to any of my apple devices ?

i can add my hubby’s who’s email is attached to my account no problem 

Is your husband's email account also BT and are you both name@btinternet.com?

0 Ratings
Kirstie1
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Yes both my husband and sons emails where set up as sub accounts on my bt account I have been able to add both there accounts no problem to iPad and iPhone but mine keeps saying email or password is incorrect 😩I’ve changed password twice and still no joy I deleted the accounts off all devices but can not re add on any now helppppppp please 

thanks Kirstie 

0 Ratings
Kirstie1
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

I have I deleted the accounts on iPhone and iPads thinking I could just re add them .i changed my password also and still no joy just keeps saying email or password incorrect. I can add my son&hubbys accounts no problem and they are sub accounts to mine so really don’t understand I can login to my email via bt mails so obviously my details are correct driving me mad now 

help please 

thanks Kirstie 

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

I don't have any experience of the sub account setup you describe but, if it were me, I'd delete all these accounts/sub accounts on your iPad/iPhone and then try adding just yours on its own to start with. If yours doesn't work then I suspect you'll have to talk to BT Customer Services 150 for someone to look in detail at the settings behind your account.

0 Ratings
Kirstie1
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I spoke to them yesterday and apple about 7 hrs in total I have a call back today they said they will have to remotely access devices to try and see what’s happening I hate it when I carnt resolve things my self it’s very frustrating 😩I will let you know how I get on I will try deleting both of there accounts and see it it works but I’m not holding out much hope 

thanks Kirstie 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

If you have changed the password you will need to ensure that ALL the devices that have your email account set up on it have also had the password changed. 

I would suggest that you remove your email account, no need to remove any of the email accounts that are working, from all the devices that have the email account set up on it. After doing that re-start the devices.

Change your email password yet again. After doing that ensure that you can log onto your email account via webmail using a web browser. If that works, wait at least an hour then try setting up the email account on ONE of your devices.

If that works move onto the next device again checking it works before moving onto another device if required.

When you are setting up the devices you are best to select the "other" option and set it up manually rather than letting the device set it up automatically.

Use the settings in this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
Al_W
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Same problem happened to me yesterday when trying to set up my wife's email on her Android phone [using Outlook].

Just keeps coming back saying username or password is wrong [which it isn't] but she can still login to her account on webmail on our desktop computer.

Tried accessing her account using chrome on the phone but wouldn't accept username/password on that either [same username and password that is accepted using chrome on the desktop !]

Any ideas or do I just have to keep trying till BT get round to fixing it?

A

0 Ratings
Kirstie1
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

It’s so frustrating isn’t it 😖but where meant to ring me last night at 6 to remotely access but they never rang I had to ring again they are meant to be ring around 4 today I really hope they do because it’s driving me mad it must be down to either the email or password because like I said before my hubby’s and sons are both but and they added no problem at all 

good luck 😉 

0 Ratings