cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cannot change email password

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had my phone stolen and I want to change my old @btinternet.com password as a precaution. I do not have a BT account. I have had this email address for about 15 years. It used to be easy to change the password online.

If I try "forgotten password" link, it wants to know the primary account holders details. If I call the helpline number, it also wants a BT account, BTID etc. 

Is there no way for me to just change the password, or shut the account down?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot change email password

Go to solution

Log into your email as normal if your old password still works. Click on your username in the top right corner and select account info and then click on the change password link.

Bear in mind if you are not a BT broadband customer or paying for premium mail, the address could be deleted at any time. If you take out Premium mail for £7.50/m you can then revert to basic mail after the first month which is free but only accessible by webmail, not mail apps on phones.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Great, thanks! that worked.

If my partner is a paying BTbroadband account holder, can they add my old btinternet email onto their account somehow, so that it is protected from being deleted? 

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, if they go into MyBT > manage emails > import email address

0 Ratings