Webmail and password are fine.
It started a couple of days ago with Outlook and in the process of diagnosis, I changed my password and now my iPhone and Mac cannot re-enter the password successfully or ( now I've deleted them ) setup the account from scratch any more.
I've tried all the recommended IMAP / SMTP / SSL settings and just getting rejected from all clients ( Apple Mail, iPhone Mail, Outlook Office 365 )
I'm stumped and got a 'Computer Said No' response from BT support who won't even acknowledge that there's something behind the Web front end!!!! Zero second line support and rather condescendingly explained that becuase the error was on the client, the client was the cause!! :-Z
using mail.btinternet.com with all the settings here:
Registration process in Outlook hangs around for a while, then pops up the 'Enter Your Password' Dialog and then says "Something Went Wrong"
THis is just the Outlook problem, but iPhone and Mac have the same issues.
Anyone else experiencing problems?
I've just had an EXTREMELY frustrating conversation with the 'Premium Email' helpdesk ( agent and supervisor ) who steadfastly refused to acknowledge that any device other than the browser could be used for accessing email, and had no escalation path to resolve.
They insisted that any problems I had was a 'client' issue, despite the fact that everything worked on three different clients yesterday ( Outlook, Mac mail and iPhone ) but now I cannot login with any of them ( having reset my password to try to resolve the Outlook problem ) and now nothing works - and my new password doesn't allow me to login to anything OR create the account from scratch again!!
Help!! - anyone else having issues?
First of all the SMTP port is 465 not 165 as in your screenshot.
Secondly this happens all the time, passwords don't get synced across from webmail to the mail servers.
Turn off any device attempting to connect to the mail servers, change your password in webmail, wait an hour to give the password chance to sync and try again with one device only and if successful, further devices one at a time.
Try my method, it works most of the time. The key is to wait for the password to sync and only one device at a time being set up as attempts by multiple devices with unchanged password will result in the account being locked out as a hacking attempt.
if you still have access via webmail then I suspect we have different issues, given we have lost all access on 1 sub account and the ability to manage password resets at the primary account holder level ( as have the Helpdesk in our case too and expectations set at up to 7 days to resolve, even with extra resources deployed to help rectify those affected). The Apple mail client for us is behaving normally, just the final migration from legacy BT Yahoo servers has not gone as anyone would like.
Worth trying licquorice's suggestion...I had similar in early days of having an iPhone and got equally frustrated between Apple Helpdesk and BT but learnt to switch everything off if it hadn't sorted itself out the next day and do one then the rest, one at a time etc.