cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoxm84
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Cannot create new sub account - Please correct the errors highlighted below

I tried to set up a new sub-account for a relative in BT Yahoo and got the following error message:

Please correct the errors highlighted below.

• The alternate email address you entered cannot be a yahoo! email address. Please choose another or leave blank if you don't have an alternate email address.

sub.PNG

The strange thing is, the BT Yahoo sub account creation form does not ask for an "alternate email address", and yet the error is suggesting I entered one. The message also suggests that the error is highlighted in the form, but nothing is highlighted. I ended up creating a Gmail address instead. This post seems to suggest it's not just me.

Anyone else see this? Will BT fix this or is is just part of the gradual decay and breakage of the BT Yahoo service?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot create new sub account - Please correct the errors highlighted below

Hi aoxm84,

If you still need help getting the sub account set up please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Neil, I got them sorted out with Gmail in the end, but I thought I'd highlight this issue all the same just in case anyone else was struggling with it.

There's clearly something not quite right with the sub-account creation form in this instance, but I suppose this must only affect a small sub-set of accounts otherwise I think we'd see a lot more complaints.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have the identical problem.  Reported to BT Help desk 20/9/15.  They said it's a known problem, wait 2 days.  I waited 10 and it's still not fixed.

I've called 5 different BT Help people now over ten days; they made me repeat the "create subaccount" process so often that I now have a second problem: "You have reached the maximum number of secondary accounts" even though my Manage Sub-Accounts page tells me I still have 7 available.  

0 Ratings
jonh46
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I had the same message when trying to create a new sub account.

eventually after several attempts In got the message I have reached maximum number of sub accounts. though manage sub account page shows the correct number of 6 with 4 available.

raised with call centre and was told I would be called back the next day.

still waiting 3 days later after communication difficulties aver call back times and hence missing calls.

This becoming tedious with abortive waits. It would be much easier if I could get it resolved in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7
Moved:

0 Ratings
jonh46
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Follow up.

After several more call attempts by me to 150 . a handler said there was a system problem being worked on and he would call me this evening with the resolution.

However just received a call on my mobile from BT about a problem that I had with my router and that has been replaced..???

certainly not  me, I haven't had a problem with my router. then he admitted was another account.

Also an earlier handler during a remote access session wanted to delete my existing sub accounts  and recreate them which is not possible as far as I know. I told him NO.

Neither of the above is very reassuring.

I have decided that as my existing sub accounts are working, I don't need any more sub accounts. and will leave well alone

0 Ratings