cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony401
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cannot delete email addresses, used all my allocation but cannot delete old email addresses

Go to solution
Can someone help please! I have used my allocation of emails addresses, I want to delete unused emails addresses so I can create new ones with a different name but when I try a delete in the BT console nothing happens. I've been told that once I've used my allocation that's it! No deletions allowed so if I wish to create a new email address I need a new bt account. I cannot believe BT are unable to free up email allocations so a customer can reuse with a different name. Any suggestions welcome..
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot delete email addresses, used all my allocation but cannot delete old email addresses

Go to solution

@Tony401 wrote:
Can someone help please! I have used my allocation of emails addresses, I want to delete unused emails addresses so I can create new ones with a different name but when I try a delete in the BT console nothing happens. I've been told that once I've used my allocation that's it! No deletions allowed so if I wish to create a new email address I need a new bt account. I cannot believe BT are unable to free up email allocations so a customer can reuse with a different name. Any suggestions welcome..

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Who told you about the used up allocations? Whoever it was, they were talking complete hogwash as that is simply not true. If it was the helpdesk, they were supposed to be told not to repeat this rubbish. Seems like they might still be giving out lies - perhaps cynically to get rid of the call ...

Anyway, this fault has happened before and typically needs a moderator to fix the account. Hopefully one will see your post and offer you an invite to contact them directly.

Tony401
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Cannot delete email addresses, used all my allocation but cannot delete old email addresses

Go to solution
Yeah, it was the help desk... Had to wait two days to get a call back from the L2 team to be told this rubbish! But, sounds like there's a solution which is great news... Moderators, please help!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Tony401 Sorry you cannot delete email addresses you no longer require.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Tony401
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, I can now add new email address for those you have deleted. I will delete the remaining emails i do not need as suggested by you and get back to you if they are not removed after the 60days.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Tony401 Thanks for posting an update and good to hear you can now add that email address. 

Yes please request deletion of the other email addresses you don't require and post back if there is any issue with the deletion after the 60 days.

Cheers

John