cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickHickman
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cannot get to btinternet email via imap

Had been using Outlook on Android and PC quite happily for a few years to access btinternet email.  After some password reset fun all has stopped working and can now only get in via web browser, with the interface that sucks and all those annoying adverts.  The imap channel settings (993, 465, etc.) are correct.  Have also tried bluemail on Android, windows email on PC, and some other apps on various devices.  None work.  So I conclude it is not an MS Outlook issue but something on the BT end.  Has anyone had same issue and found a way around it?  Long term I am going to migrate away from btinternet email as it is becoming increasingly unreliable, but would be easier to shift if I can get to it using a proper app and not the bt web site.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot get to btinternet email via imap

Hi @NickHickman Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are having a problem accessing your emails via Outlook.

Are you able to access your emails now via Outlook? If the problem is still happening would you confirm the Outlook version and the Operating System that you are having the problem with?

cheers
John

0 Ratings
NickHickman
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It's Outlook on Windows 10 for PC and Android for two different mobile phones.  All latest versions as part of an MS Office subscription.  I think this is irrelevant though since as I stated in my original post I also cannot access using other phone apps such as Blue Mail and other Windows apps such as Windows Mail.  That says to me the fault is at the BT end.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@NickHickman Thanks for replying with that info, I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to raise this with our email experts.

0 Ratings