Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 5 of 48

Cannot log in to BT Email

Go to solution

I enter my email address and password and the same screen appears again asking for the same details.  I tried changing my password and this worked until the next time I tried to check my emails.  I have tried to login on two separate computers using Edge and Chrome with the same result.  I am using Windows 10 Home Premium.

Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
ianfern
Contributor
Message 1 of 48

Intermittent email access

Go to solution

Our email service has gone batty.

We have two email addresses on our bt account, one of which is our own and onewhich is linked to a cemetery. (Not for the residents. Obviously) Usually both work just fine. We access our home email directly via chrome and  log out of it and into the cemetery when we need to. 

For the past couple of days the whole system has been confused. There have been occasions when we can log in to either via BT homepage, occasions when we can log into the cemetery only, rare occasions when we can access our own address via Chrome and frequent occasions when we can't get anything and logging in merely takes us in a circle back to BT homepage.   I called the BT Techs and they said it was an email problem; a nice man from BT called my husband yesterday and, of course, called at a time when it was actually working so the BT man breathed a sigh of relief and ticked it off, But an hour late it was back to batty.  Luckily we can still get emails via the ipad but what we cant do is send any of the many attachements we often send out. Has anyone else had this irksome problem?  My son-in-law suggested I try through Outlook but I'm not too sure about doing that.

As ever, any answers welcome, I do have great faith in the Forum. Thanks

0 Ratings
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 48

new email platform - doesn't keep me logged in

Go to solution

Why doesnt the new system keep me logged in on Windows, even when I always tick "Keep Me Logged In" Box ?

I need to enter my userID and password everytime.  This didnt happen with the old system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 48

Re: new email platform - doesn't keep me logged in

Go to solution

Mine won't let me login if I check the "keep me signed in" box, just keeps going back to the sign in page.  If I uncheck the the box it is ok.  

0 Ratings
Midge1
Beginner
Message 4 of 48

Re: Keep me signed in.

Go to solution

I too have same problem. In fact if I click on 'keep me signed in' it doesn't even allow me to log in! So have to complete whole log in procedure every time, without clicking on 'keep me signed in'. What's the point of this box?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 48

Re: Cannot log in to BT Email

Go to solution

Is it actually BT MAIL. Or more likely the previous BT YAHOO email which you have had for number of years. If the latter then there numerous posts on the subject if you use search facility but recommendation is to do nothing and try again tomorrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

Thank you for replying.  It is BT Mail.  I have found a way around it by logging in to My BY then clicking the email link.  I should not have to do this though!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

Clear the cache,history and cookies from your browser and try again.

0 Ratings
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks, I will do this tomorrow.  I did try 3 different browsers though and do in fact fairly regularly clear cache history and cookies.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 48

Re: BT mail will not accept password

Go to solution

After using the same password to sign into BT Web Mail for longer than I care to remember, yesterday it refused to accept my password. I ended up having to change it. When logging in I always tick the "keep me logged in" button.

Later, when I came back to my PC I had been logged out. When I tried to log in with my new password it was refused.  I had to change it once more.  When this happened for the third I complained via live chat. The "expert" who helped me through the problem did nothing else but get me to set a new password. I told him/her that I had already done this twice already today. Nevertheless that was all I got. The same thing happened a further three times yesterday and once again when I logged on this morning. So far I have stayed logged in today.  

Has anyone got any idea what's going on? 

0 Ratings