Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: Cannot log in to BT Email

Go to solution

I have cleared the cache, history and cookies and there is no change.  The only way I can access my email is to log into My BT and then click the email link.  Strange.

0 Ratings
prm1
Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

Exactly the same here - I just get returned to the login.  This started yesterday and has continued today.  Similarly there is the workaround of going in via 'My BT' but this is a lot less than ideal.

PC is running Windows 10, is up to date and has been rebooted.

I really would like an explanation from BT - and have them fix this!

0 Ratings
prm1
Contributor
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution

I've just had a frustrating hour on BT 'chat' system.  First operative seemed to have sorted it once she had my email address but as soon as she ended the chat session I was once again unable to sign in using the url BT.com/email

I got on to 'chat' again explained the situation again - this time the operative abruptly ended the session with the message

Thanks for all details above xxxx. I do not want to give any false commitment and waste your further                               time as   we (Level-1) have limited support for mail. 

I request you to contact our dedicated “BT Tech Experts Team” (Level-2) who is well trained and equipped                     with BT email server settings on Windows/Apple devices.

Now there's customer care for you!  Absolutely no guidance on how to contact these 'experts'  

BT... you really must do better

0 Ratings
daljinhon
Beginner
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

Have been onto BT apparently this has happened to a lot of people since they changed the 'layout'  they are sending feedback to their suppliers and it will be sorted - dont know when - but hopefully sooner than later!  I log in click on 'keep me signed in' and it keeps returning to the log in page! Just means you have to log in each time you want to access emails without ticking 'keep me signed in' box!   Right pain !!!

0 Ratings
Joliz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Hello, all, this is happening to us also since a few days ago, tried everything and quite relieved to find it's not just me !

Thought I would post so that BT are aware of multiple user issues.

Same as others, workaround by logging in to BT account first still works.

Hope BT will respond on the forum.

0 Ratings
Joliz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

...extensively read other threads re logging into yahoo account first but yahoo does not recognise my email address...do not see why I should have to do that anyway , just want the BT log in to work without all this nonsense !

What have BT changed and why ??

0 Ratings
prm1
Contributor
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

@Jolizwrote:

Hello, all, this is happening to us also since a few days ago, tried everything and quite relieved to find it's not just me !

Thought I would post so that BT are aware of multiple user issues.

Same as others, workaround by logging in to BT account first still works.

Hope BT will respond on the forum.

You would hope so... but don't hold your breath - BT don't even appear to be capable of keeping there own front line staff informed of any problems.  Following the post prior to your's I tried logging on with the 'keep me signed in' box unchecked - and yes it does let me in.  In the meantime there will be hundreds of customers being told to clear down their cache and cookies or change the browser they are using etc, etc instead of simply informing them that there is a known issue!  What a shower

0 Ratings
Joliz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

Actually, I was not able to sign in to the forum either, recognised user name but would not accept my password!! I have used the forum previously...

It really is a shame that BT cannot sort out the basics.

0 Ratings
Mozziecat
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

Just logged on with same problem. Have followed advice re not ticking box and I now on.  Have wasted an hour being told rubbish by help staff who obviously are not aware of this. Hopefully BT will sort it eventually.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 48

Re: Intermittent email access

Go to solution

Hi @ianfern Thanks for posting and apologies for the delay replying. I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your BT email addresses, are you still having problems? 

If so can you try clearing your the cookies and cache in google chrome and let me know if that has helped.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings