Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joliz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 48

Re: Cannot log in to BT Email

Go to solution

Oh dear, like many of you just spent frustrating 20 mins on live chat, told that many many people are having the same issue and then...try a different browser and clear cache/cookies! Total waste of time and effort, I asked her to check the forum so that she could see exactly what is going on but I don't think she was interested or perhaps did not understand or does not have access.

Per the Telegraph 'BT ranked within the top three most complained about providers...' in 2018.

I don't do social media but any users might have better luck getting a response there ?

(or not !)

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having problems accessing your BT email.  There appear to be several different problems being reported on this thread. 

For those of you who are unable to login to webmail can you post back to let us know if you are on the BT Yahoo or BT mail platform and I'll report this back to the email team.

For those of you who are having difficulty with an email client e.g. outlook can you try logging in on the above link to see if you can access your emails via that method?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Joliz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 48

Go to solution

Hello, thanks for reply, from what I can see we are all having the same problem.

Log in to BT email (webclient), tick box 'keep me signed in' and just returns to log in page in a continual loop.

Am able to log in if I do not tick the box.

Am able to access emails normally via BT account sign in.

(Never been able to log in via yahoo or wanted to)

This has only been happening in the last 2 or 3 days.

Hope you can fix.

0 Ratings
prm1
Contributor
Message 24 of 48

Go to solution
BT mail here - not yahoo ... and don't use Outlook.
0 Ratings
daljinhon
Beginner
Message 25 of 48

Go to solution
I am on B T mail
0 Ratings
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 48

Re: new email platform - doesn't keep me logged in

Go to solution

Mine   lets me tick the "keep me signed in" box.  However it doesn't keep me signed in when I do this.   Everytime I go into BT Mail I need to enter my sign-in details again.   The didn't happen with the old system - it kept me signed in for around a week if I ticked the "keep me signed in" box.

Can someone from BT please comment ? 

0 Ratings
ianfern
Contributor
Message 27 of 48

Re: Intermittent email access

Go to solution

Dear Neil

Thank you for replying to my post - it's so good that the moderators on the Forum pick up problems so rapidly.

Today it seems that the email is recovered in that we've been able to log onto it via the BT login without it looping back again. What we have noticed is that we're no longer to stay logged on and if we click that box it is displeased and send us back again. I wonder if BT has removed the facility to stay logged in?  The husband loved that  facility but if it's been removed so be it, at least today the email generally is quite sane.

Apparently someone is going to call tomorrow from the email team (via the techies whose endless patience and kindness astounds me) so I will relate this to them unless it's had another breakdown. Should this happen I'll have another go at Chrome although I have reset it.

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
stevie22b
Contributor
Message 28 of 48

Go to solution
Exactly the same happening with me. All was fine up until a week or two ago, then my normal email log in link stopped working, just kept looping me back to the log in page. I could only access email by going via my BT - but it never kept me logged in, so had to go through my BT everytime i wanted to check my email. I followed advice given here on the forums and cleared my cookies for anything BT related, that worked until today, when the whole thing started again - having to go via my BT in order to access my mail. Have tried the clearing the cookies trick, but that no longer works - my login tab just goes to the email log in page, i fill out my user name and passwork, tick "Remember Me", but when i click login it just loops straight back to the login page. What did BT change?, my login tab has worked fine for the last couple of years, but for the last two weeks or so it's been having this looping issue on and off. Very annoying to have to keep going in via my BT - having to log in there, wait for the page to load, then finally click on email - I hope this is not being forced upon us by BT?
0 Ratings
ianfern
Contributor
Message 29 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Stevie

I thought that sometime ago I did see a note that "this is is being discontinued" (referring to "keep me logged in") but that passed and all was normal. I now suspect as you do that BT may have decided for us.

If I do get a call from the email teamI will ask them and will post the answer on here.

Best wishes, thanks for sharing your same experience.

EdSurrey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 48

Re: new email platform - doesn't keep me logged in

Go to solution

Me too, it's really annoying and extremely amateurish coding by BT!

0 Ratings