Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot log into BT.com

Go to solution

I am using window 10 with the latest build of chrome.  Even when Chrome has no extensions running I am getting the following see picture below for details when I try to log in from the computer.  I am also having the same issue on my iPhone again using chrome.  After the login page this address appears.  

https://strongauth.secure.bt.com/arcotafm/cap/controller4.jsp?profile=afmpcapotp&tokenID=90c292cc73c...  

and then I get the screen below.  If I use Microsoft Edge then I am able to log in.  I have cleared all the browsing data cookies, cache history etc. I have even unstalled Chrome and its assocaited data. I can access my email through Outlook on my iphone.  There are 4 email address that have this issue.  This is also not allowing me to log into my.bt.com either 

Screenshot (5).jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot log into BT.com

Go to solution

Could be a proxy issue. Go in to Chrome/settings/advanced settings and check whether chrome has set up a proxy server address. If so, just click the setting to off and it should work. This often occurs after a software (windows or chrome) update - I have a similar problem on some (mostly secure) sites.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for your answer, but it got me thinking I use a Nord VPN and that had updated and I needed to change the protocol that it was using. Can now access webmail.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This was helpful as i have had problems for days sometimes log in and sometimes not and i was getting exact same message as you

I turned off my VPN from what you had written and it let me in .

Thanks 

0 Ratings