cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cannot login to E-Mail or MY BT

Go to solution

I had a message to advise one of my e-mail accounts was due to be removed due to inactivity. I attempted to login to the e-mail account, but it keeps failing. I therefore reset the password which was accepted but it still wont let me in (even though it confirmed the password had been reset). I have a couple of other e-mail addresses that also seem to be locked out, yet one of them can access e-mail if I set it up using Outlook, it is just the webmail that doesn't seem to work, and the error message only says "Something went wrong. Please try again." I have also tried to login to MyBT and that fails too. I have tried it from different browsers but it keeps failing. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot login to E-Mail or MY BT

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

Are you 100% certain that the email you received about your account was from BT?

Did you try and log in to your accounts directly or did you use a link that was in the email you received?

Have you tried changing your MyBT password as per this link?

Forgot login details (bt.com)

See link how to reactivate email accounts

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot login to E-Mail or MY BT

Go to solution

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I am a BT customer but I don't have a premium account. The alert was definitely from BT as I have had one before (if you dont log in during a set period of 90 days, your account is removed after 30 days of the alert).

I have actually worked out the issue now. I logged on from a different PC and it works fine. I tried to login from my work PC which works for everything else, but I suspect there is some sort of block/proxy in place which is interfering with the login process, as it works fine on the other device.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond with some ideas.

Regards

0 Ratings