cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Cannot receive or send e-mail on my mail client on iPad and I phone

Cannot receive or send e-mail on my mail client on iPad and I phone Even deleted my mail account no joy even changed my password no joy your server is rejecting my password on Apple.

please can you sort please

peter

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot receive or send e-mail on my mail client on iPad and I phone

Can you access your email using web mail instead of app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I can access web mail but not on my Apple client 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Puma1wrote:

I can access web mail but not on my Apple client 

Hi.

Are you on BTYahoo or BTMail? Webmail show a Yahoo image top left for BTYahoo.

When did this issue occur?

What app are you using on the iPad/Phone? Removing the account or changing password are not the recommended steps to take typically. The thing to do is to stop all devices from checking for emails automatically, then simply wait for a few hours to a few days - checking one device only say every hour or so.

Try a different app.

Make sure you're using the correct settings as shown here :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

My e-mail started working the last two days and now today the same thing is happening again

not recognising my username or password

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I had the same problem last week.  All of a sudden, I couldn't access my email on my PC using Outlook because the server wouldn't recognise my password. This despite the fact I could use it to log onto web email with no problem.  I deleted the email account & tried setting it up again but no luck - server password not recognised. It wouldn't even let me change the password.  Then suddenly it accepted password when I tried set up again and it all starts working again. 

It's only lasted 2 days though - I just tried to access my email tonight and have the same problem.  I've had enough - I'm going to have to change to gmail - this really isn't acceptable.  I'd suggest you do the same frankly.

0 Ratings