cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissMoppett
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cannot send 100 emails since "Yahoo" upgraded

Once a month I have to send the same email to 100 group members from Thunderbird. I have done this for 4 years, but since "upgrading" to Yahoo last week I cannot. Message received is "http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html " Three times I have filled in the BY Yahoo form with no response. Googling this not uncommon problem I see the usual recommendation is to change the IP which I have managed to do, but still cannot send out this message. I believe the block is there because a friend's email address book was compromised - by completeing the scam BT email ironically - so my address has got caught up somehow in this. I can send and receive single emails but not the 100 I must send out. Yahoo have told me that there is a block of around 200 but certainly not the 100 I want to send. Anyone any ideas please?

PS I have run a full Anti-Virus and Malware check.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MissMoppett
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot send 100 emails since "Yahoo" upgraded

An update. Having sent 4 emails over past week I rang and had several conversations of half an hour with Delhi. Although I was sure it was BT and not Thunderbird they changed the password, switched me back to the old "Classic" Yahoo and fiddled around all to no avail. All they could suggest was I send in batches of 25 which is not the solution. BT admitted I was not alone and that there is no daily limit, contradicting the info given to me last week (200). By transferring my address book by .LDIF file I can send from my wife's laptop - different email address but still with BT - and also with Thunderbird. I am convinced there is some sort of block on my email but BT cannot resolve problem. I was also told that the help line no. only deals with xxxxx.btinternet.com problems not xxxxx.btopenworld.com which is my email but could not give me anther tel no. Another annoying thing is that when I quote the "confirmation reference no." BT Delhi cannot trace it which means I have to repeat the whole saga over again. Their systems are a mess.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot send 100 emails since "Yahoo" upgraded

@MissMoppett wrote:

An update. Having sent 4 emails over past week I rang and had several conversations of half an hour with Delhi. Although I was sure it was BT and not Thunderbird they changed the password, switched me back to the old "Classic" Yahoo and fiddled around all to no avail. All they could suggest was I send in batches of 25 which is not the solution. BT admitted I was not alone and that there is no daily limit, contradicting the info given to me last week (200). By transferring my address book by .LDIF file I can send from my wife's laptop - different email address but still with BT - and also with Thunderbird. I am convinced there is some sort of block on my email but BT cannot resolve problem. I was also told that the help line no. only deals with xxxxx.btinternet.com problems not xxxxx.btopenworld.com which is my email but could not give me anther tel no. Another annoying thing is that when I quote the "confirmation reference no." BT Delhi cannot trace it which means I have to repeat the whole saga over again. Their systems are a mess.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Sorry I missed your first post, I was going to reply.

There actually is a limit of 100 emails in any one batch, and has been for a number of years. It used to be 200 before then (but that is well over 5 years ago). I used to send similar amounts for a sports group and send in two goes back then due to the limit of 100. This batch applies to smtp sending from a mail client program such as Thunderbird, I'm not sure if 200 may apply to any webmail type access.

btinternet.com and btopenworld.com are interchangeable email addresses and effectively the same, apart from logging into external systems that you may have chosen one or the other.

I have seen this silly blocking system before, but it's frankly ridiculous due to the other restrictions in place.

Changing password and altering to Classic mail is actually tryng to guess the problem as it is 100% not that at all. The upgrade has nothing to do with this problem, as you are using a mail client.

It does seem like something has thought that your sending is falling foul of any spam interrogation system. Is your list actually 100 in size ?

You could try spliiting it into 2 and having 50 each and try to send to see what happens. I agree it's not a solution but may help in the initial stages, and then next month you could say move 25 into one of the batches to make it 75/25 and so on.

0 Ratings