cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Cannot send email. Outlook365 SMTP seems blocked since Router Upgrade

Go to solution

I have full fibre broadband and a SMART Hub 2 Router. I am using Outlook for my email onto the Outlook365 mail server. I have had no problems at all for years until 2 days ago when my Router Firmware was updated. 

Since the update, I cannot send emails from either of my two desktop PC's Yet my iPhone which accesses the same email accounts still works fine which reinforces my thinking on the router being the problem. My Webmail still works fine also.

I spent nearly two hours last night on the BT Chat (So called expert) who's only solution was to reinstall Outlook !!!  She then said that she would advance my problem to her line manager who would contact me in 24 hours... Yep.. Guessed right, it never happened.

Any help towards rectifying my email sending issues would be really appreciated.     Many Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot send email. Outlook365 SMTP seems blocked since Router Upgrade

Go to solution

Has there been an update to Outlook recently? Have you checked that the server settings on Outlook on the PC's are correct?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I suspect when your router re-booted you picked up a dodgy IP address. Disconnect your hub from line for about 10 minutes and then re-connect, you will get a different IP address.

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, I have just deleted the email account and created a fresh instance with the settings outlined in my Outlook Webmail settings. That did nothing for it.

Another clue is that I have an iCloud account with IMAP Settings, the outgoing server is p16-smtp.mail.me.com  That works fine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

That was one of the first things I tried - Reboot the router

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I didn't say reboot the router.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. There are a few peculiarity's and anomalies with the link you sent me to so i thought perhaps it maybe better if  I list my settings. I have used the same settings with the Outlook365 mail server for over eight years.

DanielS_0-1644604778040.png

DanielS_1-1644604803966.png

DanielS_2-1644604837660.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

2 things

1. You are revealing your email address in the screenshot, edit it out or you will get more spam than you know how to deal with.

2. This is the BT residential forum, as a business customer you need to post on the business forum https://business.forums.bt.com/   The settings for btconnect addresses are entirely different to those in my link for btinternet addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for that. I certainly don't want any my spam mails. It looks like some very good Samaritan has already done it for me. Whoever you are  - Thank You.