cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 36

Re: Cannot send emails from BT account over Three mobile Internet

Go to solution

Sorry I didn't post back on trying Webmail first. (I thought I'd done that, but apparently not.)

No, that approach of sending via Webmail first, then reverting to the Android mail client didn't do the trick for me.

The suggestion that it was a BT problem, rather than a 3 problem, made sense to me because my Hotmail and Gmail messages are sent without any trouble.

I'm using an HTC One M9, running Android 7.0, and using the stock HTC mail client.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Strangely if you add a btmail account to a phone that hasn't had/got one installed.  It will initially send an email over mobile network.  But soon stops working. 

Yes there is the btmail app now which does work.  But I'm not a fan of it and have now been forced into having 2 email clients in use.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

Have been having the same problem for 2 to 3 months, cannot sent over three mobile data, spoken to three and bt both tell me it's not their issue.

If I install email account fresh on an android email app it will send a couple of times then stop untill deleted and reinstalled again. 

I have found I can send for a couple of days using outlook app but then stops sending . 

I can send using bt email app with no issues,  this is only good for one account at a time though. 

Very frustrating trying to send emails whilst out on site with no wifi, now resorted to using gmail

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

I'll investigate that BT mail app. It could be a sensible workaround for sending emails when I'm not on Wi-Fi.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

I have the same problem. Using both a S6 and S9.

BT app does work, but I like to use POP3 which the BT app won’t accept.

Agree that having to use 2 email apps is not good.

I’ve tried 4 other email apps with exactly the same problem, hence it must be a BT problem?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

Yes, the problem has to lie with BT, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send messages from Hotmail or Gmail accounts over the Three mobile Internet either.

I've installed the BT mail app, and it sent a test message successfully over the Three network. I'll only use it when I'm out and about, though, as it doesn't seem to support automatically copying to myself as BCC, which helps me keep a proper track of all my conversations on the PC. Nor does it accept any non-BT accounts. Basically, a typical BT "not-quite-there" app.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 36

Re: Iphone cannot send mail the sender address was invalid

Go to solution

I am a old BT broadband customer and pay monthly to keep my email accounts active

the iPhone is no longer able to send emails but receives them ok on all my BT mail accounts

Further investigation this is happening on mobile data, but sends ok on wifi.

I have spoken to BT Helpdesk and they do not know why switching from mobile (virgin) to Broadband would effect this as the setting are all correct.

Anyone else having this issue? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Hi All, thanks for highlighting this issue to the forum. We'll look into this problem further and see what we can find out.

Cheers

John

Contributor
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

I have just spoken to BT Email help as I have just started to have this issue on my iPhone 

Using Apple mail app it sends fine on Wi-fi but as soon as I send via my virgin mobile 4G service, I get a message saying sends address is invalid. But the email sends ok on Wi-fi.

the lady I spoke to had no idea and told me to try Googling a fix, so much for a BT help desk

i was thinking it apples IOS but the above are also android phones so it maybe BT

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

So it seems to affect Virgin Mobile and O2 as well as Three mobile networks. It does rather point the finger at the BT side of things. Let's hope JohnC2 manages to find out something.