cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianCollings
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Cannot sign into my bt mail. Keep being told that my username or password is incorrect.

This has been happening sporadicaly over the last few weeks. Accessed yesterday, not today.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot sign into my bt mail. Keep being told that my username or password is incorrect.

Are you using a browser or an email client/app?

Are you on the BTMail service or the BTYahoo service?  If you are not sure and if you manage to log onto your email account if you look at the BT logo if you see Yahoo anywhere it means you are on the BTYahoo service.

0 Ratings
Pedro1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Cannot sign into my bt mail. Keep being told that my username or password is incorrect.

Had this for months, been told that its my equipment that's at fault, no it isn't proven by the dozens of people with the same fault in forum. Can log into MYBT account 1st time every time. Only solution is to ditch BT
0 Ratings
Smithy13
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

This is no help to you but I too am randomly asked for New Password by Thunderbird again and again and ticking "Save this password with Password Manager" has no effect.
Personally I am fed up with having my account 'suspended for suspicious activity'. Now happened 30+ since New Year. Can't get help for this anywhere. My question is unanswered on this forum. Maybe I too will have to ditch BT?
0 Ratings
Pedro1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

When I called the BT line I was told very rudely & abruptly that it was my computers fault, that a lie its because they cannot or cant be bothered to solve the problem - BUT - they are great at trying to flog you stuff. time to leave and put a complaint into OFCOM
0 Ratings
Pedro1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I am still on the yahoo format, started happening more & more now my wifi server keeps dropping out & its relatively new

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Has anyone having this issue cleared the cache/cookies etc then tried - or even cleared, restarted and retried?

Just a thought.   Cntrl f5 from memory does it.

0 Ratings