cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim8
Message 1 of 10

Cant login to bt email

I cant get on BT.com login to my account check billing status etc but when I try to access email on either laptop or iphone it comes up with 

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Any ideas
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cant login to bt email

@Tim8 wrote:

I cant get on BT.com login to my account check billing status etc but when I try to access email on either laptop or iphone it comes up with 

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Any ideas

Hi, welcome to the forums.

That site is effectively an internal backend server to do with authentication and other system services.

What happens when you try to login via :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
DB54
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi - I get this error, and nothing I do can get me into BT mail - no browser works.   
Tried https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform ,  but same result. So frustrating.   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

@DB54wrote:

Hi - I get this error, and nothing I do can get me into BT mail - no browser works.   
Tried https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform ,  but same result. So frustrating.   

There are a lot of similar reports about this recently.

The thing to do is not use webmail and use a proper client or app. For starters that helps as a local backup, and far more robust. I agree that sometimes webmail might be the only choice of access, but really that should only be used when "proper" access is not available for some reason.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DB54
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

thanks, Andy_N , appreciate your reply

0 Ratings
DJG_Shef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your comment but I think we are looking for a solution for those times when web mail is the only option.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

When you log onto your MyBT using your BTID and you go to "Manage Extras" then "Manage Email"  do you see your account there and is it linked to your BTID? Can you get into the "Inbox" from there?

0 Ratings
EmilyD
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I’ve had a btinternet email for years. Today i can’t log in beyond the samlfed.bt.com page. Same problem as you. Did you have any luck sorting it out?
0 Ratings
EmilyD
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I’ve got the same problem. Any other suggestions?
0 Ratings
DJG_Shef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Yes, thanks. I can see the email account (and my other ones) but the next stage is logging into the chosen email account (different credentials of course) via entering the email in the box on the BT Yahoo login page. After entering the email, the next page is the dreaded samlfed page. In the past, sometimes by going in via Yahoo.com, I have been able to get in to the web mail, but not now it appears.
0 Ratings