Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bob135
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cant send or receive emails via thunderbird or Log into bt webmail

Hi, I seem to be having an on going problem accessing emails via thunderbird. I have three accounts on thunderbird and two are working fine, my main email address will not send or receive.

Ive backed up the mails for this account and deleted the account from thunderbird.

Tried to set the account up again and it wont accept or get past the server checking thing. I tried setting up imap as i usually use pop and it wont have it ,either.

I can usually access webmail easily but thats not working either ,all i get is server errors and wrong password etc....

Please help as this is getting rather tiresome when your paying for a service.

I believe my email is still with bt yahoo.

Thanks Bob

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cant send or receive emails via thunderbird or Log into bt webmail

Try using the Yahoo server settings instaed of BT's

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html

0 Ratings
bob135
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Ive tried everything ,just tried that as well . Im getting error after error (or repeated asking for password log in details or asking to change password) and ive had messages just disappearing from the inbox in webmail (when i can access it). The mail is there one minute then i go to another folder and back again and they`ve  vanished.

Its obviously a problem with bt/yahoo which they dont seem to be in a hurry to fix.

I see dozens of similar problems on here and on other forums on the web. Some solutions work temporarily for  a week or two and then a new problem starts. Its about time BT sort out their services.

My current problem is affecting my main bt email account ,the sub accounts are all  fine(all settings the same).

Last week it was one of the sub accounts.

I use my emails for work purposes and its starting to get to be a serious  and annoying frequent problem.

Just had this through one account, is this spam???

spam..JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yes it is spam. DO NOT click on any links and do not reply to it. Just delete it

If you look at the email address is came from and you can clearly see it is not from BT and if you hover your mouse over the links you will see where they will take you and it will not be to BT.

If you have already clicked on the links and entered details you must change your password for that email account if it has not already been taken over by the spammer.

0 Ratings