Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frogmodem
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Change BT Yahoo email password?

Go to solution

I changed the password on a sub account by simply going into the mail webpage and going into My Account. I had to put the current password and then a new one. It works fine. I wasn't asked for my BT ID or any security questions. Has this procedure been simplified, as I have read some horror stories about sub accounts? The account is used by a family member but is on my list in my BT ID. I haven't gifted it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Change BT Yahoo email password?

Go to solution

You wouldn't need any extra details as you are simply changing the password when you know the current one. security details are only required for forgotten passwords.

Frogmodem
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Change BT Yahoo email password?

Go to solution

Ah, that explains it - thanks for the clarification.  So any sub-account holder can change the password  if they still remember the old one? I read all the BT help pages about changing passwords and it is very confusing as it goes on about BT IDs etc.  Then I remembered how I'd done it in the past on my main account (via the  Account link on the email interface).  I was definitely asked for security details about 5 years ago when I changed the password - I wonder why they've left a bit of a loophole there as anyone who has your password can now go in and change it to a new one, effectively blocking you out. 

I seem to remember that in the old days I received an email to say that the password had been changed.  Nothing yet, so has that gone now?

0 Ratings