cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lycanfox
Message 1 of 5

Change Primary BT Mail Address

Hi all, I really hope you can help me as I've had no luck with my issue. I'll try to summarise it in a few bullet points.

• Originally joined by with my old BT yahoo email address- L******x@btinternet.com
  • At some point whilst contacting BT, I changed my bt ID to my actual email address (A gmail one, non BT)
  • Upon trying to opt out of BT Fon I tried to sign in with both of these, either not valid or not primary account.
  • Set up a new BT mail account a********n@btinternet.com
  • Does not recognise for signing in to Bt fon, does not exist as apparently still needs a BT Yahoo Mail, not BT Mail
  • Apparently my actual BT primary address (which I never set up) is a************0@btinternet.com
  • This is still a BT yahoo account but neither my l******x or my a************0 accounts show on when I manage my email accounts.
  • I can access all the email accounts now but is it possible to close the two BT Yahoo mail accounts, namely l******x@btinternet.com and a************0@btinternet.com and JUST use my new BT Mail account as my primary BT mail (a********n@btinternet.com). 
  • I do NOT want to change my BT ID, as several customer service reps seem to believe, just the primary BT email account, for things such as signing in to Fon etc, not the account I use to sign in to billing which is my gmail account.

I really really hope you can help as I have had no luck with the BT live chat. Thanks so much in advance.

Adam

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Change Primary BT Mail Address

Please remove your email addresses. This is a public forum and you could end up inundated with spam.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

The only people that will be able to help you are the forum moderators.They have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Lycanfox
Message 4 of 5

Thanks 🙂 and thanks for the info about the email addresses, I guess I wasn't thinking and stupidly put my email addresses. Have censored them now :). Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Lycanfox,

I'll be able to help you with your complaint. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings