Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Re: Change from btopenworld.com to btinternet.com

[ Edited ]
Thanks for all the suggestions, I really could do with a contact method for a uk back office tech team.

Forgot to say I've been in IT for over 20 years with the last 15 in e-mail systems! I need someone to set my primary SMTP address to the @btinternet.com address. Simple checkbox or file edit somewhere in the backend or provisioning systems at BTyahoo.
Distinguished Sage

Have you tried contacting the billing help line. They can link email addresses together for billing purposes and other reasons so they may be able to link your openworld address to your internet.com address.

Distinguished Sage

just tried yahoo and can now see your problem - why not use gmail as you must also have a gmail account which will solve the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner

Now my btinternet address has gone completely and the normal BT teams are unable to resolve the issue. I've had the address for over 12 years. They can see it has gone but don't know how to add it back.
My sub accounts seem ok but my primary is gone. I can't even create it as a sub account either.
angry is not the word. Grr.
My only hope is the mods.
Guru

[ Edited ]

Yak01 wrote:
Hi, have a problem that BT can't resolve after over 4 hours on the phone to them. I want to have my primary SMTP address changed from @btopenworld.com to @btinternet.com.

It's a simple request but the BT Broadband team obviously don't have this on their standard script so have no idea what to do next.

Has anyone had BTYahoo make this change for them? If so how?

This is my last hope before leaving BT. And I know I can receive on both address so please don't go downthat route. I want to send as @btinternet.com from any mail client.

Thanks for any assistance.

Jake

Hi.

Have you tried adding the @btinternet.com email address through the address verification route ? In other words via webmail. mail options/mail accounts/add.

You add the @btinternet.com, and after verification, you should be able to change the default sending email address as the btinternet.com email address.

I've not curently the time to check via my android tablet (before/after) to see if the app then uses thie new default - or perhaps even gives a choice.

The reason some people have @btopenworld was due to the change to that name over a decade ago, pretty much when BT broadband started. It has since reverted to default to @btinternet.com, and although interchangeable in most circumstances, this is one of those cases where it causes issues.

Edit: I've just checked the Yahoo! mail client on android, and added one of my accounts with associated "added" accounts via address verification - and clicking the "From" item allows me to alter the sending name. At this moment in time I've not been able to make the default alter on the android client.

Beginner

Thanks you BT.

After the 5th call to BT support, after loosing the btinternet.com alias, the more knowledage support agent recognised it as an issue and it was escalated to the yahoo team who not only re-added the alias but also configured it so I could set it as my primary address to send from. Previously I couldn't add it as the primary so there was an underlying setup issue within the BTyahoo systems.

Andy,
yes now it is set up that way. Previously it wouldn't allow the config to work. It just came back with an error stating the alias was already in use, but I had no view of it to set it.
Jake

Expert

[ Edited ]

Andy_N wrote:

Yak01 wrote:
Hi, have a problem that BT can't resolve after over 4 hours on the phone to them. I want to have my primary SMTP address changed from @btopenworld.com to @btinternet.com.

It's a simple request but the BT Broadband team obviously don't have this on their standard script so have no idea what to do next.

Has anyone had BTYahoo make this change for them? If so how?

This is my last hope before leaving BT. And I know I can receive on both address so please don't go downthat route. I want to send as @btinternet.com from any mail client.

Thanks for any assistance.

Jake

Hi.

Have you tried adding the @btinternet.com email address through the address verification route ? In other words via webmail. mail options/mail accounts/add.

You add the @btinternet.com, and after verification, you should be able to change the default sending email address as the btinternet.com email address.

I've not curently the time to check via my android tablet (before/after) to see if the app then uses thie new default - or perhaps even gives a choice.

The reason some people have @btopenworld was due to the change to that name over a decade ago, pretty much when BT broadband started. It has since reverted to default to @btinternet.com, and although interchangeable in most circumstances, this is one of those cases where it causes issues.

Edit: I've just checked the Yahoo! mail client on android, and added one of my accounts with associated "added" accounts via address verification - and clicking the "From" item allows me to alter the sending name. At this moment in time I've not been able to make the default alter on the android client.

I'm glad the problem has been resolved for the OP, and don't want the confuse the issue.

I went through this situation a few years ago, with someone who switched from BT dial-up to BT Broadband.

We found that no name changes to the primary account address were needed (confirmed by BT support, at the time).

She now has an email address which is EITHER @.btopenworld.com OR @btinternet.com. Both address options are valid.