cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Change to email appearance

Go to solution

Why has BT changed the look of my premium email account?   Cani change it back?  If so, how?

If not, how do I move my account?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Change to email appearance

Go to solution

@Brain wrote:

Why has BT changed the look of my premium email account?   Cani change it back?  If so, how?

If you log onto the email account then click on your username at the top right and select settings you will find a button "Switch back to old version". You may find that this will only work for a short period until BT enforce the switch to the new interface.

If not, how do I move my account?

You can not move an email account/address to a different supplier. You would need to stop paying for your BTMail Premium email service and start a new email account with a different supplier and a new email address. 

This will of course mean that you will no longer have your BTMail email address other than as a "downgraded" BTMail Basic account which is free.

See link

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

My email format changed today. I want to turn back to the old style appearance but the "switch button" (mentioned in the solution from gg30340) is not on the settings page. Is there another way or is this the only way?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

You're stuck with it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@delphinium9 wrote:

My email format changed today. I want to turn back to the old style appearance but the "switch button" (mentioned in the solution from gg30340) is not on the settings page. Is there another way or is this the only way?

As per my message that was dated 1.12.23 "You may find that this will only work for a short period until BT enforce the switch to the new interface".  That has now happened and you can not switch back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Typical ‘we know best’ attitude from BT.  Not long now before I close the account.

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Well it is their email system. There is no requirment to use it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

I quite like the new appearance, the one problem I have is that if you delete an email while it is open then the next email in your inbox is opened. THIS COULD BE A SPAM and the has been opened NOT  good idea.

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@transadd 

You can stop it doing that by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then go to "Mail" in the left hand column and in the General Settings that is opened untick the box "view next mail after delete/move".

Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Pity I'm now unable to change. One thing I've noticed about the new format is that pictures and links do not show graphically like they used to. My emails are now littered with square boxes showing an abstract picture similar to a couple of mountain peaks. Is this normal or is there a way I can get all links & pictures to show properly?

0 Ratings