cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Change to email appearance

Go to solution

Solved! I have just noticed a "button" to "show images".  Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time with this query.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks have done as suggested, although this would be the default with all the spam around.

john

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@delphinium9 

It is  security enhancement.

As you have already found you can change that in the settings if you want.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@transadd wrote:

Hi

Thanks have done as suggested, although this would be the default with all the spam around.

john

@delphinium9 and @transadd 

Just in case you are not aware, you can not get hacked just by opening an email,  it is also very unlikely that you will get a virus or malware just by opening a spam email. Almost all viruses, like Trojans and worms, are activated when you download an attachment or click a link present in an email.

By only opening the spam email the spammers would only be able to find out that you have opened the email in the same way as any genuine emailer could if you have automatic image loading turned on, scammers may be able to see: 

Your location.

Your Internet service provider or mobile company.

Device you used to open the email.

Operating system you’re using.

Email client you’re using. 

Web browser you’re using.

and therefore the spammer would know that the email address is active and could of course decide to send more spam to that email address.

You can turn on or off image loading or select only to load from certain users in the BTMail settings

Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
I tried the switch back suggestion but it does not come up as an option. I tried BT technical help but got robot who just kept asking me to verify who I was and type in verifications codes - got fed up with it. Not sure why you can't get to speak to (or at least email) a real person in the UK!!!
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@MW7 wrote:
I tried the switch back suggestion but it does not come up as an option. I tried BT technical help but got robot who just kept asking me to verify who I was and type in verifications codes - got fed up with it. Not sure why you can't get to speak to (or at least email) a real person in the UK!!!

Please read the thread and in particular message 5.

0 Ratings