Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Changed BT Mail password failure on iPad mail app

Go to solution

Hi Folks

Following the hacking of Yahoo I have changed the passwords for myself and some of my family with 'Friends & Family' mail accounts.  For one, we put in the new password for the iPad mail app (correctly!) and found that it could receive mails from the BT server, but refused to send reporting a password error.

We have double checked (&more) that the new password on the person's MY BT account is the same and even got webmail to work on the iPad with the new password.  So, we have concluded that this is an Apple issue, but cannot find any sugested solutions.

Your thoughts would be welcome.

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changed BT Mail password failure on iPad mail app

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Licquorice

I have finally got back to this job and your advice worked just fine.

It strikes me as odd that the programmers of the iOS mail app require the password to be held separately for incoming and for outgoing mail.  Who on earth would have different passwords fo in and out?

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@PeteThePen1 wrote:

It strikes me as odd that the programmers of the iOS mail app require the password to be held separately for incoming and for outgoing mail.  Who on earth would have different passwords fo in and out?

Regards

Pete

You could use two different servers. For example it may be that you access one server to retrieve your email from an account that you previously had with another ISP and you send your email via your present ISP's servers.

0 Ratings