cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Changed Mobile (O2 to EE on Samsung A52g) - cannot send/receive emails using BT App

Go to solution

Hi,

First post and it is a problem one I'm afraid. I have changed my mob (Samsung S10 on O2) to a new provider (Samsung A52s 5G on EE) and lost the ability to send receive emails using the BT App. I still appear to be able to use webmail going through 'MyBT'. The App posts a fault 'email/password not recognised' (or word to that effect). The log-in works fine on my old mob (App) and my desktop (BT Email & thro' MyBT).

The BT App still works on my old mob - but not on my new one - help anyone please...?

Rgds

golf.lima

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Changed Mobile (O2 to EE on Samsung A52g) - cannot send/receive emails using BT App

Go to solution

@golflima 

Have you asked on the EE forum, as this is a BT Retail forum?

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Changed Mobile (O2 to EE on Samsung A52g) - cannot send/receive emails using BT App

Go to solution

I would suggest that you uninstall the BTMail app and install a decent email app such as BlueMail or Aquamail both of which are free but if you want to keep the BTMail app check that the settings on the BTMail app are correct as per this link.

Setting up email on your mobile phone | BT Help

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account. If you are neither of them your BT email account will have been downgraded to the BTMail basic account and this does not allow access using an email app.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

The app on your other devices will still work but it will not work if you delete and try to re-install or try to set up the BTMail account on a new device.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi - Yes I have posted questions to both BT and EE communities as it seems to be a problem with the combination - either the BT App is not compatible with the EE network or the EE network doesn't like the BT email App. Hoping to get a response from somewhere in either community....

Rgds

golf.lima 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried a different mail app? No idea why anybody would want to use the BT app, it is dire.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestions - I have uninstalled the BT App and installed 'Blue Mail' but it bounces back with an error of unrecognised email address or password when I try to set it up using the BT-provided settings. Both the email address and password work through MyBT (desktop and old Mob) and through the BT email App on my old Mob.

I am a BT Broadband Customer with a 'Standard' email account. Any other suggestions welcomed....?

Rgds

golf.lima

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

There shouldn't be any need to make any settings with Blue Mail, having entered your email address and password it should automatically find the correct settings and apply them. Try deleting the account and setting it up again.

If that fails, turn off the old mobile and any other devices trying to access mail, change your password in webmail through your desktop, wait at least an hour (important) for the servers to sync passwords and then try setting up the account on your new mobile with the new password.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

... and don't forget to change to the "new" password on your other devices. 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU THANK-YOU.......

I changed my BT email password on the mobile (using Yahoo) and then tried logging in again - AND IT WORKED - despite it previously working on every other device I have previously! It did mean however I had to change the password for all my other devices, but hey-ho, at least I now have emails on my new mob.

I also loaded and am currently using 'BlueMail' as it seems more user-friendly than the BT Mail App to this dinosaur!

Thanks once again

Rgds

golf.lima 

0 Ratings