cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Changed email password and now iOS devices unable to receive &send emails!

Hi,

As the title really changed my email password and now unable to get emails through iOS email client.

Ive done the obvious delete the account and check settings are correct but still no luck but accessing my emails through any web browser proves my BtID and passwords are correct?

reading several posts on this issue it seems something needs resetting or re-syncing MODS please help.

lee3

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changed email password and now iOS devices unable to receive &send emails!

@Lee3wrote:

Hi,

As the title really changed my email password and now unable to get emails through iOS email client.

Ive done the obvious delete the account and check settings are correct but still no luck but accessing my emails through any web browser proves my BtID and passwords are correct?

reading several posts on this issue it seems something needs resetting or re-syncing MODS please help.

lee3

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you say why you changed password?

Also, the obvious is actually NOT to delete the account - since clearly it worked before, and a simple password change doesn't affect the app settings.

How long after changing password did you wait before trying iOS? Did your iOS device auto-check emails?

The thing to do before changing password it to stop all devices fom auto-checking emails, then change password - wait at least 15 minutes before checking an app/client, and then do one at a time.

Note that some Apple devices need the password change in more than one location.

(You might like to try your old password, to see if that works).

I would suggest changing password again, but bearing in mind the info I've mentioned.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Reason being I’d forgotten the password hence need to change,I’ve changed it again to a more memorable password and after going through the settings I’ve come to a halt with no progress.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Been going through again tonight with the settings and believe it not it’s working again on both iPhone and iPad.
Strange looking at the settings for these devices outgoing SSL is OFF and port 587 works as opposed to SSL on and port 465???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

iPad SSL is on and port 465 works fine but on iPhone SSL is off and port 587 only works in this setting?
0 Ratings