cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: Changes to BT Yahoo Account Management

OK, my mail account management seems really messed up after this change and I can't get any sense from anywhere.

Essentially I'm on BT Yahoo and as outlined I logon on to my email and used the "Cog" option to set up things with the new management and password changing format.

It takes me to a page that asks if I want to manage sub accounts and if I click this I am then presented with a list of my email ID's  however from the drop down box titled "Account Holder" I can see three entries:

1 - 2 entries are not my account number and one of those two entries is just someones name.

2 - Filtering on the account which is someone else name gives me my email addresses , 7 in total , and the option to claim more against this spurious ID.

3 - Filtering on an account that starts GB just gives an error.

4 - Filtering on my actual BT account number gives a list of my 7 email addresses plus an additional 5 which are nothing to do with me and at least 2 have the same surname as one of the spurious ID's. It also says I have used 12 of my 11 email addresses.

So has someone claimed my email addressed against their ID or is my BT ID /Mail admin broken and how can this be sorted as there is no option to get assistance against a BT ID and the email team can't help as it is not an "email" problem.

I should add I was a trailist for the abortive change from Yahoo to BT mail so perhaps they screwed up my ID then and it is now only coming to light when this management change has been done.

I am also concerned that this is a potential security issue and i only saw this as I browsed the forum and saw the change  and thought I would see what it was like. If I had not and did not need to check/manage my sub accounts then I would be none the wiser and i wonder how many other people may have a corrupted management set up as a result of these unannounced changes.

I would appreciate any help out there or  moderator assistance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 28

Hi @chamber_boy,

I'd like to get this picked up and looked into for you. You can reach me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It may take 2-3 working days before we can get back to you directly but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Hi Daniel,

I have sent you a contact request with details as outlined in my post. Thanks for the quick response.

I can also send details of the spurious ID's and emails addresses attached to the various ID's when if and when you require them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Hi Daniel,

Have you any update on this yet please as i have had no updates since last Saturday.

There does seem to be some other issues now in that I can't get my BT account details when I sign in via my BT ID and can't sign in to any of my email accounts either via the BT Yahoo sign in though I can download the emails.

This is really getting frustrating and is not a pleasant customer experience anymore.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 28

@chamber_boy  Sorry about that. I can see @DavidM was chasing up your case with the email team earlier today, he's not in the office this evening but has made arrangements to follow up with you again on Monday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

Good to see the mail team are on the case as usual and giving top priority to what appears to be a serious security breach. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Neil,

Thanks for the update.

They may be working on my account then as signing in via the BT Id is now giving intermittent account details and access to my package and billing information etc.

Though the web page email login still gives "we are unable to logon you in to email at this time" and points me back to the main BT login page.

IMAP and POP3 access to emails seems not to effected at this time.

I'll wait for Daniel's updates next week unless anything else happens to my email access in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

@chamber_boy  I can only marvel at your patience with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

@licquorice

Well there isn't much else I can be but it does try your patience and I despair at the level of service that is now common when it used to be so good.

Still we have been promised that things will improve and I do like the new BT account management changes and the information that you can now see and access/change..when I can get in to it 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 28

Hi @chamber_boy,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm still investigating the email issue and will be in touch as soon as I have any updates.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings