cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 47

Re: Changes to email T&C removing unused but paid for accounts.

@gg30340 wrote:

If you don't use your master email account then set up one of your sub accounts which you do use to check it then you won't need to worry about it going over the 150day period.

Is this the procedure you are referring to and does this checking get carried out automatically without any actions required by me?

Thanks

Check Other Email Accounts with Yahoo! Mail

To set up Yahoo! Mail for checking other email accounts:

• In Yahoo! Mail:
    • Select Options | Mail Options from the toolbar.
    • Go to the Accounts category.
    • Follow the Add or edit an account link.
  • In Yahoo! Mail Classic:
    • Go to Mail Options.
    • Select Mail Addresses under Management.
  • Choose Check Other (POP) Mail.
  • Click Add.
  • Give the account a descriptive name under Account Name:.
  • Click Continue.
  • Enter your name under Name:.
  • Type the account's email address under Email:.
  • Click Continue.
  • Enter your mail server name, user name and password under Setup Mail Server.
  • Click Setup Mail Server.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 47

Yes.

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 43 of 47

I am confused and do not fully understand the message that BT is emailing.

Can somebody please tell me does the phrase 'to log in' mean the same as 'to use' in terms of BT emailing.

I do use my BT email for sending and receiving some emails so is this the same as 'logging on'. Not been online very long so please can someone clarify? ljm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 47

have you read all the posts in this thread?

you need to access your account whether logging in directly or like many via a third party email client.  you don't need to send any emails just access the account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 47

ljm,

Yes, logging on, to use and logging in all mean the same.

If you send emails from your BTY email account then you have logged on to do this. You may not realise that you have logged on because you may be using an email client such as Windows Live or Outlook but when it was set up your log on details would have been entered and the email client automaticaly logs on when you send and receive.

If you don't use an email client you must be using webmail which means you will be enetering your email address or username and password ( this is logging on) inorder to send and receive email.

In short if you are sending and receiving emails on your BT account, however you do it then you are logging on and don't need to worry about the 150 days.

ljm
Expert
Message 46 of 47

Thanks Aspiring Expert for your reply. It was very helpful.  I enter my  BT email ad and Password on a Log In Page which is situated before my Home Page not before my Email Account. I suppose from what you say, it makes no difference where the BT log in page is situated so long as I use the account.Am I correct?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 47

Yes, that's correct.