Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 1 of 13

Changing my primary email address.

Go to solution

Some discussion with BT and browsing this forum suggests that changes to primary addresses can only be done by Forum Moderators and not by oneself.

I want to change my primary address but again reading this Forum is seems to say I cannot contact a Moderator Direct but only on invitation.

If that is correct could  Moderator kindly send me an 'invitation' to contact them to provide the information they would required to do this change for me.

Advance thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Changing my primary email address.

Go to solution

Hi tickhill,

I'm sure we can help with this. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you DavidM.
All on its way
0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

David - sorry missed your call Thursday early pm.

Have seen your email and note what you say.

My thanks.

0 Ratings
verytired
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi.

How does this process work as I would like to change my primary address too. 

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

For Verytired - 

See how I began this thread.

Ultimately a Moderator sees your request/message and replies with a link/invite for you to forward your request.

Have the details of what you want changing to put in your request.

I heard from DavidM (Moderator) yesterday to say mine had been done and the address I requested as my Primary address was now showing as such on their system.

Unfortunately as yet it does not show up for me when I log in to MYBT - I'm giving it a few days to see if the change becomes evident when I look at my account.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Unfortunately, as at today, (13/12/14) the change does not show up when I login  i.e. it still shows my original primary address and not the new requested one.

When I log in to the address I would like to be the primary address it still tells me that that another address exists as the primary address but offers me to 'apply' to have it changed to the primary address.

At this stage I am reluctant to make that request incase it interfers with processes yet to be completed or updated.

My request also asked for the 'old' address to be unsubscribed from login to MYBT and for only the new address to be open to login to MYBT but at present I can login to MYBT with the 'old' primary address and the one I want to become the new primary address.

This was a general request as when bilsl are produced a message saying they are ready to view is being sent to both the original primary address and the address which I want to become the new primary address.

Had decided to leave everything until after the next bill date - end of month - incase updates happened at that time and then contact the Community Team again if necessary but have been prompted to put this comment online by an email from the Team.

Hope all that makes sense.

In effect - from my USER point the process does not seem to have been completed and is still on-going.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

No visible change when I login so have referred it back to the Mods to check progress for me.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Still on-going.

Have received requests from Incident Desk for clarification of what is needed and request for permission to access my profile to look into the current situation.

Must say efforts do seem to be being made to make the changes requested but think perhaps the whole process is proving a challenge.

Will keep updates going as a guide for others seeking the same changes.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

The Forum Moderation Team were attentive and after short discussion forwarded details on to BTCom Incident Desk.

The Incident Desk posed numerous questions by email during which I explained (almost in words of one syllabul) that whilst the replacement Primary ID had been created as requested (it had previously been a sub-account of the former PrimaryID) and that it worked and gave me access to MyBt and to BTWiFi that when checking its profile it said that (even though it was now the Primary ID and worked as such) that it was infact still a subsidiary account and its own Primary ID was the original Primary ID.

There was a second sub-account which remained listed under the 'redundant' primary id.

My original request (which seemed clinically logical) was to say that the original primary id which I will call abcde had two sub accounts which I will call fghij and klmno.

Would they pllease make fghij the new Primary ID and make the previous primary abcde and the sub account klmno into subaccounts of the new primary account (fghij)

fghi was sucessrully made the new primary account however, as above the script still says that even though it now works as a primary id it has actually go a primary id itself (abcde).  The other sub account (klmno) remains shown of the original primary ID (abcde)

The option to create any more sub accounts is not available under the new Primary ID - it is still only possible to create new sub accounts under the old and redundant primary id.

Having sent the above comments for the third or even fourth time to the BTCom incident Desk I received a curt and brief final reply. - We don't deal with BT Yahoo issues

No suggestions other than contact the Help Desk where the whole enquiry had started - no attempt to transfer the enquiry elsewhere for more professional attention - in short we had completed a circle ending up back where the whole process began.

I have forwarded the entire audit trail of exchanges to the Executive Level Complaints Team to see what they make of the matter.

0 Ratings