cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Clicking on Email Links does not open up a new page

Go to solution

Hi there ... in the last week or two, I am finding that when I click on a link in a BT Mail email, and always a trusted link, it does not open up a new page as expected ( although it's not obvious unless you are aware )  and when you have finished reviewing the link and close it, it actually closes the mail app and you have to log in again.  

I'm sure this is something simple, or perhaps not, but all advice welcome. Thanks   🤔

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Clicking on Email Links does not open up a new page

Go to solution

thread already

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Links-in-emails-not-opening-in-new-browser-tabs/m-p/2245145#M10187...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Clicking on Email Links does not open up a new page

Go to solution

Thank you for the link referal.

I rang the BT Premium Mail helpline and he advised that 'this is a known problem' but that is is not a BT problem but a browser problem and I should delve into browser settings.  This I did without any real success.

I tried an alternative browser and found no difference I have to say BUT there were differences in which email link I clicked on, some opened up a new tab, others didn't.

But for now I have taken some advice from the mentioned link and that is to simply 'right click' and select 'open in new tab' and I'm back to sanity! 

Thanks everyone for the discussion. 

0 Ratings