cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiend
Message 1 of 5

Clicking on attachments problem btinternet

Hi guys, 

I have a problem with a btinternet email account, I used to be able to get my attachments (particularly word documents) to automatically open with Microsoft word when ever I clicked on to the attachment, but now it seems to automatically download to my hard drive when all I want to do is view it. I am using Chrome, I have also uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it, but it does not seem to have fixed it, can someone help please!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Clicking on attachments problem btinternet

Don't know why it's doing that in Chrome. If you use Internet Explorer or Firefox it opens in Word without saving first.

0 Ratings
kiend
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, do you use btinternet mail? Could you check out what happens when you try download a word attachment in chrome, would be much appreciated.

I spoke to the webchat service, which was useless! The said it should automatically download, then I posed the question of why it automatically opened via chrome before. Then they said it should come up with the option to 😐

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Looks like Chrome strikes again. Just sent a test mail, Chrome downloads it rather than opens it. Suspect the solution is in Chrome's hands.

OK with Opera as well as Firefox and IE11.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Why is everybody quick to blame BT when it's just as possible that it's Chrome at fault.
0 Ratings