Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fedup13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Complaint premium mail

Go to solution
I have recently left bt broadband and should be able to get premium mail. My Bt webpage is accessible but there is no link for me to sign up just a red cant find package message. Premium mail say they would have to communicate remotely with a computer not a tablet to get me signed up.
They have tried my computer and it hasnt worked. I live miles from anyone who I could ask to borrow a computer. Why cant I use my android tablet? I have an ongoing complaint. Premium mail say someone from another department will ring me on my mobile. My mobile has poor reception but I would be happy with an e mail just to have written confirmation someone still looking at my prob)em. I just talked to premium mail who say the people looking into my complaint will text me if they cant get hold of my mobile to let me know they have tried, no text yet. I should be able to click on my bt webpage rather than have someone remotely contact my computer that is what they should fix. The bt keep my e mail website wont work. It used to wrongly say that I still had broadband so wouldnt let me sign up now it wont let me do anything and tells my to sign up via my bt webpage which dosent work!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Complaint premium mail

Go to solution

There is NO requirement for BT to access your device to set up BT Premium email. It is purely a billing issue.

Fedup13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks Sage,
Thanks for replying, I agree with your point. Unfortunately everyone at BT just keeps telling me I can only talk to premium mail and premium mail tell me they cant do anything without accessing my computer. I have hit a brick wall and keep having the same circular conversation with everyone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

That is total nonsense, it is just an administrative change. I will ask if one of the mods can get involved.

Fedup13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks sage
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Fedup13,

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get it set up for you. I've sent you a private message so we can help you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @Fedup13,

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get it set up for you. I've sent you a private message so we can help you.

Thanks

DanielS

Please can you find out why the people at BT want to connect to a user's computer? It's simply ridiculous and needs to be stopped immediately.

As the OP inferred, they are using a tablet - and not everyone uses a PC, laptop etc. I know of people that only use tablets.

0 Ratings
Fedup13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks everyone for helping to get a moderator in touch with me. Have to see what happens
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me again today @Fedup13.

I look forward to seeing how you get on over the weekend Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Fedup13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Hello Daniel,
It seems to be working. Hopefully things will go well from now on. I just want to thank you for all your help. For various reasons having my e mail address is essential at the moment. I felt I was banging my head against a wall with most (not all) of the bt advisors on the usual customer care line. It was causing me unecessary extra stress. If all seems well this weekend I will put a thank you comment on the community website so the members of public that commented know I was helped.
Bye,
0 Ratings