cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Confirming ownership of my t21.btinternet address

Go to solution

How can I send an email from my talk21.com account that shows it is from t21@btinternet.com.
I've got an account with flickr which I am having difficulty getting proving ownership as I am unable to send flickr an email showing the original  t21@btinternet.com  address.

@DanielS  any ideas?

Thanks
Wayne

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Confirming ownership of my t21.btinternet address

Go to solution

You can not send a t21.com email on the BTMail system. 

You will need to contact flickr and advise them that the t21 was changed by BT so as to make it a BTMail email address which can be used on the BTMail system.

If that was not done the t21 email address would not work on the BTMail system and it would have ultimately have been deleted .

To allow the T21 email address being incorporated into the BTMail system and to reflect that it was previously a t21.com email address the t21 was incorporated into the prefix/username of the @btinternet.com email address.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Is there a website or document I can send them to confirm that?

flickr need to be certain that they I am the owner of the accounts since when I contact them they see I have a myname@talk21.com rather than the myname@t21.btinternet.com email address that they have for my flickr account.

Silly thing is that if they email myname@t21.btinternet.com  I still get the email but I cannot reply to them with the email address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I am unaware of any website/document that will confirm what I have posted however the t21.com and the t21btinternet suffix are interchangeable for any person that sends an email to either make up of the address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I found this post which may be of assistance

talk21.com addresses - Page 2 - BT Community

Message 16

"I've found that this seems to work and I hope it does for you too -  after you've logged in as normal on https://www.bt.com/email click on your email address in the purple banner on the right side of the screen, sign out and then sign back in again. I have no idea why it works, but for me at least, doing that means that emails I send arrive with the talk21 address on them until the next time I re-start my computer".

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi 

I think I've found the answer.
I need just to log into the account with my username.t21@btinternet.com address  instead of my username@talk21.com address. The password is the same for both addresses since it is the same account.
This works for me using Webmail (BT.com) to log into my account rather than using an email app.

Thanks for you help
Wayne

0 Ratings